This article applies to these plans:
How to use the Alarm Escalation Feature
What is alarm escalation:
When you set a standard alarm, after you specify the condition to trigger an alert, you can set an alarm delay. Then you proceed to add multiple notifications.
However, all those notification alerts will be sent at the same time based on how you set the alarm delay initially.
You can “escalate” an alarm to send multiple notifications at different intervals based on the delay.
How to set an escalating alarm:
- Begin by navigating to the alarms page of the device you would like to set an alarm for.
- You can then add more notifications to this alarm condition, but with a different delay so that the recipients can be notified at later times. Click Add Custom Escalation Group to add a new delay.
- In the second delay box, input a number for the readings required to trigger this next notification or group of multiple notifications.
- As with standard alarms, you will see the approximate time delay calculated based on the delay you input and your device’s current sample rate.
- As with a standard alarm, select the notification type from the drop-down and input the appropriate email or phone number.
- Repeat steps 3-6 as necessary if you would like to add a third notification group. Keep in mind, the system will allow a maximum of three delays (escalation groups). For more info about this limit, please click here.
- Click Save Alarm
Still need help?
Call 630.543.3747 today or