User Access and Permissions
About DicksonOne User Access and Permissoins
- The DicksonOne system allows customers to add unlimited users to their own account. Customers will have the ability to determine what locations each user should be able to access and the level of permission the user should be granted for each location.
- The DicksonOne system supports No Access, Ready Only Access, and Manage Access for permission levels.
- This article aims to explain the differences between permission levels. To learn more about how to add a user, visit the help article Add a New User.
Determine Access by Location
The DicksonOne system allows you the flexibility to mix and match the locations a user has access to, as well as the type of permissions the user will be granted.
- For each user, determine what locations the user should be able to access.
- Determine Read Only Access or Manage Access for each location, or No Access should the user be prohibited from seeing any content for a specific location.
- You can grant a user access to 1 or several locations and mix and match the permission levels.
Understanding Permission Levels
Read Only Access
Read Only Access allows users to review, comment/annotate on data, and create reports and exports. It limits the user from performing any administrative tasks. Read Only Access will NOT allow the user to change device configurations, add/remove devices from the account, add/manage other users, create and edit alarms, add or remove locations, etc.
Manage Access allows the user to have an administrative role for the locations the user has access to. Manage Access will allow the user to do everything that Read Only Access permits with the addition of being able to change device configurations, add/remove devices from the account, add/manage other users, create/edit alarms.
The user that creates the DicksonOne account becomes the Owner by default and is the administrator of the account. The Owner will always have Manage Access to all of the locations that live within the account. The Owner will have admin permissions to account configurations such as security settings/SSO, Default Device Configurations, manage API keys, and review billing/subscription information.
|Permission/Feature||No Access||Read Only Access||Manage Access||Owner (Administrator)|
|Review device configurations via Manage Devices||Allowed||Allowed||Allowed|
|Review device data||Allowed||Allowed||Allowed|
|Annotate and comment on the device graph and data||Allowed||Allowed||Allowed|
|Export device data (in CSV format)||Allowed||Allowed||Allowed|
|Run device data reports (in PDF format)||Allowed||Allowed||Allowed|
|Review alarm configurations||Allowed||Allowed||Allowed|
|Review alarm events||Allowed||Allowed||Allowed|
|Acknowledge and comment on alarm events||Allowed||Allowed||Allowed|
|Review their own profile (edit email and password)||Allowed||Allowed||Allowed|
|Review their own audit trail in events||Allowed||Allowed||Allowed|
|Review other users and contacts within the account||Allowed||Allowed||Allowed|
|Register, delete, or archive devices||Allowed||Allowed|
|Change device settings/configurations||Allowed||Allowed|
|Edit and change channel names||Allowed||Allowed|
|Create, edit, and delete alarms||Allowed||Allowed|
|Apply and remove alarms from devices||Allowed||Allowed|
|Add, edit or remove locations||Allowed||Allowed|
|Add, edit or remove users and contacts||Allowed||Allowed|
|Review a system and user audit trail in events||Allowed||Allowed|
|Configure account settings||Allowed|
|Configure account security settings such as password requirements||Allowed|
|Configure account Single Sign On||Allowed|
|Configure default devices settings (to match SOPs or and make device registration easier)||Allowed|
|Review billing and subscription information||Allowed|
Still need help?
Call 630.543.3747 today or