This article applies to these plans:
Edit or Delete a User/Contact
About Editing or Deleting a User/Contact
- Editing a user/contact allows you to edit the contact information and or edit the user’s location permissions.
- Adding a second email such as a personal email can be helpful when excursions occur over the weekend when users may be out of the office.
- The ability to control a users permissions based on location can be determined by experience and requirements.
How to Edit or Delete a User/Contact
Updating a Users Information:
Go to DicksonOne.com > Manage > Users & Contacts
1. Locate the user/contact you would like to edit, click on the kebab menu and
2. click Edit
2. To add a second email address click +Add email address or edit the existing email address.
3. To add a phone number for SMS and/or Phone call alerts click +Add phone number.
4. Be sure to click Submit at the end and ensure that the user was updated
Editing a User's Location Permissions:
Permissions are managed by the locations a user has access to and what type of access.
- No Access will not allow the user to be able to view any information regarding that location (includes the devices, alerts, alarms, etc.)
- Read Only access allows the uses to Acknowledge/Comment on Alerts for the location, create Exports and Reports. But the user will NOT be able to configure the devices, create alarms for the devices or edit other users.
- Manage access allows the user to manage anything regarding the specific location which includes device management, notification policies, creating users and editing users, creating alarms, etc.
- Click Submit at the end and verify that the user was updated accordingly.
Delete the User:
- Click Delete at the bottom of the Info page to delete the user
- Deleting a user will remove the user from DicksonOne and will no longer be able to access the account
Still need help?
Call 630.543.3747 today or