This article applies to these plans:
Device Loses Power or Loses Network Connection
About the Devices Not Reporting
- The article will cover what happens to the Devices in the event of a power failure/power outage?
The article will also cover what happens if the Devices lose connection to the internet/network outage?
In the event of a power outage or power failure:
- The Ethernet or WiFi chip will be turned off to conserve battery life
- The Devices will continue to record data on the Devices battery backup
- The DWE Devices are spec’d to 1 week of battery backup
- The Touchscreen Devices (TWE/TWP_ are spec’d to 70 hours of battery backup
- Once the Devices have established power (AC power) again, the data will begin to be transmitted automatically to DicksonOne
- We recommend taking advantage of Not Reporting Alarms to receive alerts when the Devices are not connecting to the Internet of when the Devices lose power
In the event of a network outage or lost of network connection:
- The devices will continue to collect data.
- Once the network connection is regained, the devices will automatically transmit the data to DicksonOne automatically.
- We recommend taking advantage of Not Reporting Alarms to receive alerts when the devices are not connecting to the Internet of when the devices lose power.
What happens if the Device is disconnected from WiFi or Ethernet:
- The devices will continue to collect readings. Once the devices are connected to the internet the data will be stored data will be transmitted to DicksonOne.
Still need help?
Call 630.543.3747 today or