Providing leading environmental monitoring and compliance solutions for over 95 years
As an industry-leading innovator, Dickson enables its customers to manage compliance, protect billions of dollars worth of assets, and monitor their critical environments with confidence. Today, Dickson proudly serves over 80,000 customers worldwide and over 80% of Fortune 100 companies in highly-regulated industries including healthcare, pharmaceutical, aerospace, food & beverage, medical devices, and more.
Since 1923, Dickson has been an industry leader and innovator in environmental monitoring and compliance solutions. From then until now, Dickson’s rich history is marked with innovation in solving the biggest compliance and monitoring challenges in the most heavily regulated industries.
1923 - 1964
- The Dickson Company was founded by Hunter A. Dickson, an engineer formerly with the Bristol Company. Original products included temperature and pressure valves and switches. (1923)
- The first self-contained temperature chart recorder was sold to the University of Chicago (1938)
- The company decides to focus on the increasingly popular chart recorders (1952)
- With the passing of Hunter, his widow Peggy Dickson ran the business (1964)
1971 - 1985
- Soiltest acquires Dickson and moves the company from 121 S. Michigan Avenue in Chicago (now part of Grant Park) to its current location at 930 S Westwood Ave in Addison, Illinois (1971)
- Dickson starts promoting products through a direct mail catalog (1974)
- The company is acquired by an independent investor, Jim Foley (1982)
- Company introduces electronic monitoring products (1985)
1998 - 2012
- PC-based solutions are added to capture and report data from the electronic monitoring instruments as well as to allow customers the ability to better set-up and manage these devices (1998)
- Registered our URL DicksonData.com and made our products and services available through the Internet (2005)
- Added electronic monitoring devices that communicate with each other and the computer via RF technologies (2007)
- Introduced the patented Replaceable Sensor™ on our Touch Screen data logger. Soon the Replaceable Sensor™ was added to chart recorders and wireless, ethernet, and USB enabled data loggers (2012)
2012 - 2018
- Rolled out WiFi and Ethernet enabled products that communicate with our Internet cloud-based DicksonOne (2012)
- Chicago based Private Equity firm, May River Capital, acquired Dickson (2018)
2019 - 2022
- Dickson completed its merger with OCEASOFT SA and OCEASOFT, Inc., in line with Dickson’s strategy to grow its business in European and North American environmental monitoring markets. OCEASOFT brings Dickson additional expertise and resources in innovative products and services.
- Pursuing its international development strategy in 2022, Dickson created a subsidiary in Petaling Jaya, Malaysia. Dickson Asia leverages its European and American experience to create an in-house metrology laboratory and technical hub to support the Asia-Pacific region.
Delivering Environmental Monitoring Solutions For Industry Leaders
Join Us On Our Mission
From vaccine quality to food safety, our solutions touch countless lives every day. From our engineering to our marketing department, we value highly-motivated individuals who want to make a tangible difference within an organization. As a member of our team, you will learn skills that will stay with you for your entire career. You will be challenged, you will be valued, and you will have the opportunity to impact a growing company every day. Join us on our mission to solve the biggest challenges in environmental monitoring and compliance. As Dickson grows, so will you.