About Touchscreen Devices
- There are three different model types of touchscreen devices. The TWE/TWP are touchscreen devices that are meant to be connected to the DicksonOne software application, and the TSB model is meant to be used as a standalone data logger.
- For the TSB model, all settings will be configured on the device itself and for the TWE/TWP models some settings will be configured through DicksonOne.
What's in the Box
Additional items included
- Kickstand - used to stand the device on a flat surface when not mounted to a wall
- Certificate of Calibration - Document stating the device was calibrated (additional fees may apply for NIST/A2LA traceable certificates)
Start Logging Data
- Plug sensor(s) into the device
- Plug the device into power
- Press the power button on the side of the device to turn it on
- Proceed to ‘Configure Your Device’ below to change display settings, sample interval, and more
The ambient temperature and the ambient temperature/humidity sensors come with an extension attachment piece that should be used at all times and plugged directly into the device (as pictured above). Other sensors do not require the attachment.
When replacing your sensors and swapping them out for new ones, consider stabilizing the sensor replacement in the environment that it will live in before swapping it out.
Touch the ‘Settings’ icon on the bottom right of the device screen to access the device settings screens for device configuration and device information
- ‘Information’ provides details about the Model, Serial Number, Firmware Version, Mac Address, Attached Sensors and Channels
- ‘General Settings’ allows you to configure the device’s name, time settings (format, timezone, date), sample interval for logging, units of measurement, screen saving, and brightness adjustment
- ‘Graph’ area allows you to choose between a graph display or text view of readings, statistics, scaling, determine what channels to display on the main screen (two max), and set min/max on/off
- The ‘Network’ screen will be used if your device will be registered to your DicksonOne account. After connecting your device to the internet (WiFi or Ethernet), the device will display a 6-digit registration code that is used to register the device to your account. This screen will not be used for standalone TSB loggers.
- ‘Alarms’ allows you to enable the alarm (up to two per channel or one high and one low per channel)
- ‘Calibration’ will provide details of when the sensors were calibrated, and allows you to create calibration alarms as well
- ‘Stored Data’ allows you to download the data from the device using USB and/or also delete the tablet data.
- ‘Admin Settings’ allows you to set a passcode to secure the device
TSB devices are configured via the touchscreen interface ONLY. The TWE/TWP device are connected to the internet via the touchscreen interface but logger settings will be configured on DicksonOne.
Connect Device to the Internet via Ethernet (TWE/TWP Only)
- If you followed steps 1-3 above under “Getting Started” and the device is powered on, plug ethernet cable into the device and an active ethernet jack.
- A 6-digit code will appear on the logger’s Network Settings screen under 'Registration code' once it has successfully connected to the internet. The code will be used to link the device to your account. See below for connecting logger to DicksonOne.
Connect Device to the Internet via WiFi (TWE/TWP Only
- If you followed steps 1-3 above under “Getting Started” and the device is powered on, go to the network setting screen to configure WiFi.
- Go to the Network Settings screen on the device and verify or switch the "Network Adapter" settings are set to WiFi
- Scan for your network or manually enter your SSID
- Input network password and configure security settings and encryption as needed.
- A 6-digit code will appear under "Registration Code" which is used to register the device to your DicksonOne account.
Get Started with DicksonOne
Log into or create your DicksonOne account at https://www.dicksonone.com/ to get started with:
Register Loggers on DicksonOne
- Device management
- Adding users
- Creating alarms
- Configuring reports
- On your DicksonOne account click the ‘+Register New Hardware’
- Click ‘Add a DWE, TWE, or TWP’
- Fill out the device registration form, provide a name for the device, type in the 6-digit registration code (provided on the logger once it is connected to the internet), select a location, determine the settings, and click ‘Register Device’
- Data will flow into the system shortly and you will see initial data in 5-10 minutes
A DicksonOne subscription is required to enable all features. Accounts may have an active subscription already and the account administrator can verify by going to DicksonOne.com > Manage > Billing.Contact your sales rep or via support (contact details provided below).
Manage Locations, Users, Alarms, Reports and more on DicksonOne
To learn how to add locations, users, configure alarms, run reports and more on DicksonOne, please visit the knowledge center by going to https://dicksondata.com/resources/support/dicksonone