By using this website you consent to our use of these cookies.
RF Logger Firmware Updates
About RF Logger Firmware Updates
- To update your logger(s), you will need: a USB OTG cable and a USB flash drive formatted as FAT32 (generally the case for drives 32GB or less)
- The latest firmware version will have to be downloaded from the DicksonOne Change Logs to a USB flash drive as updates are done manually.
- Be sure that the USB flash drive does NOT contain any other firmware files.
Check if updates are available
For a device that is not already registeredWhen you power up your device for the first time or reboot the logger, the screen will show a version number (eg. 1.0.1) right after the word "Loading." You can view the Change Logs to evaluate if updating would be beneficial.
For a device that is already registeredYou can reboot the device as described above or follow the steps below. On DicksonOne, go to Manage > Devices to review the Device’s current firmware version. If a version is available, you can view the Change Logs to evaluate if updating would be beneficial.
How to Update an RF Logger's Firmware
Download the Firmware File On DicksonOne
- Click on Change Logs under under the Support tab on the left navigation menu
- Select the RFL Firmware SKU and click filter
- Review the changes and click the link to download
- Save the downloaded file onto your USB flash drive (formatted as FAT32; generally the case for drives 32GB or less)
Update the RF Logger with the new Firmware File
- Plug the USB flash drive into the OTG cable, and plug the OTG cable into the device’s micro USB port.
- The device will reboot itself and the USB icon will appear on the screen and display ‘LOADING’ and then ‘UPDATING’ on the device screen. The new firmware version will flash on the screen e.g., ‘1.1.0’ when the update is complete. The device will then resume displaying the current data on the screen.