About Registering RF Gateways
- You will want to connect your gateway to the internet either via Ethernet (recommended) or WiFi in order to register the gateway to your DicksonOne account.
- You’ll need the gateway’s serial number which is found on the back side of the gateway.
Connecting an RF Gateway to the Internet
Using Ethernet with DHCP (recommended)
To use the default settings of ethernet and DHCP (or MAC address reservation), follow these steps:
- Plug the AC adapter and ethernet cable into the device with their respective connections. Alternatively,
you can use PoE without an AC adapter.
- The ETH light should start blinking to indicate that there is ethernet activity
We recommend that you review Securing the LoRaWAN RF Gateway
to learn about securing the device.
Using WiFi, Static IP address, and/or Proxies
Configure the gateway to use a static IP address and/or connect it to the internet via WiFi using the following
- Power the device using the AC adapter
- Download the Network Configuration App by going to
- Support > Network Configuration App in the DicksonOne interface
- Go directly to: https://www.dicksonone.com/network-configuration-app
- Open Network Configuration App and select “Configure Without Device”
- Select the connection method (WiFi or Ethernet)
- Configure your network settings:
- For WiFi, provide the necessary settings including network name, security method, and
- For static IP addresses or proxies, expand the “Configure Advanced Settings” menu and supply
the appropriate information
- Click the “Next” button
- Click the “Save Configuration” button and save the file to a USB flash drive
- Unplug the USB flash drive from your computer and plug the stick into the USB port on the gateway, waiting approximately 30 seconds for the settings to be loaded and applied
Please visit the Creating WiFi Settings Files
to get more help on how to program WiFi using the network configuration app on a USB.
Registering the RF Gateway to DicksonOne
Register Gateways on DicksonOne
Log into your DicksonOne account and Click +Register New Hardware
Click Add a Gateway
You will want to name your gateway, input the gateway’s serial number, select a location, and then click Register Device
Only individuals with have manage access to the location that the gateway is registered at will be able to view the gateway and review settings.
You will then be redirected to the Manage > Gateways page with and a successful banner will flash registering a gateway successfully. On this page, you will be able to review the last time the Gateway communicated to your DicksonOne account and more. Click +Register New Gateway
to add more.
You can edit or review gateway information by clicking on the gateway's name
On the gateway's page, you can edit the name and location, review Firmware settings and Network information.