By using this website you consent to our use of these cookies.
Register an RF Gateway
About Registering RF Gateways
- You will want to connect your gateway to the internet either via Ethernet (recommended) or WiFi in order to register the gateway to your DicksonOne account.
- You’ll need the gateway’s serial number which is found on the back side of the gateway.
Connecting an RF Gateway to the Internet
Using Ethernet with DHCP (recommended)To use the default settings of ethernet and DHCP (or MAC address reservation), follow these steps:
- Plug the AC adapter and ethernet cable into the device with their respective connections. Alternatively, you can use PoE without an AC adapter.
- The ETH light should start blinking to indicate that there is ethernet activity
Using WiFi, Static IP address, and/or ProxiesConfigure the gateway to use a static IP address and/or connect it to the internet via WiFi using the following steps:
- Power the device using the AC adapter
- Download the Network Configuration App by going to
- Support > Network Configuration App in the DicksonOne interface
- Go directly to: https://www.dicksonone.com/network-configuration-app
- Open Network Configuration App and select “Configure Without Device”
- Select the connection method (WiFi or Ethernet)
- Configure your network settings:
- For WiFi, provide the necessary settings including network name, security method, and passwords
- For static IP addresses or proxies, expand the “Configure Advanced Settings” menu and supply the appropriate information
- Click the “Next” button
- Click the “Save Configuration” button and save the file to a USB flash drive
- Unplug the USB flash drive from your computer and plug the stick into the USB port on the gateway, waiting approximately 30 seconds for the settings to be loaded and applied