Connect your iSeries Equipment to DicksonOne (Basic/DHCP)
About Connecting your iSeries Equipment
- Helmer iSeries equipment can send data directly to DicksonOne!
- Use these instructions to get connected
- Note: there are some differences in how integrated equipment function compared to native DicksonOne devices
Configure the Integration (Basic)
These steps will help you establish the integration between your iSeries equipment and DicksonOne. These steps assume a fairly basic IT/network setup but advanced configuration options (static IPs, MAC address whitelisting, etc) are available in Configuring Advanced Settings.1. Access the Settings screen If your control panel is not protected by a PIN, tap the green Settings button with the gear icon from the menu of buttons. If your control panel is protected by a PIN:
1. Enter your PIN
2. Once unlocked (the lock icon will appear unlatched), tap the iC3 button in the lower right of the screen
3. Tap the green Settings button w/ the gear icon from the menu.2. Go to Auxiliary Settings 3. Ensure the “Ethernet Port” setting is set to “On” as seen in the image.
Enter the Ethernet Setup by tapping the button next to the right of the label.
Once you’re in the Ethernet Setup menu you’ll see your equipment’s current IP address and other settings.You may need to configure additional settings (e.g. DHCP vs static IP addresses, etc) depending on your organization’s IT infrastructure. If you aren’t sure it is best to check with your IT department. See the article on Advanced Configurations for Helmer Equipment for more information.
While still in the Ethernet Setup menu, scroll down to the section called “Send Data to External Server.”Tap the “Server URL” field and a on-screen keyboard will come up with a field to enter the URL. Type the URL below into that field. NOTE: it is critical that is is 100% accurate. SERVER URL https://api.dicksonone.com:443/partners/helmer/integration When complete, tap the Save icon with the green checkmark in the lower right. Configure the other settings to enable the integration. You may need to scroll down further to see additional settings.
- Service: ON
- Period (mins): 5
Note: the Period is how often the system will send a reading to DicksonOne. We recommend starting at 5 minutes but your SOPs may dictate otherwise.
- Use SSL/TLS: Selected/Checked
- Ignore SSL/TLS Errors: Selected/Checked