This article applies to these plans:
Receiver will install but does not show as “Connected” in the software
Although the Receiver is connected via USB, the device itself is viewed as a Serial device by the PC. This can sometimes cause the PC to get confused, not knowing which port the Receiver is connected to.
If the receiver has installed, but will not show as connected, the best remedy is to completely uninstall the system and reinstall. Follow the Instructions below.
- Turn off the logger and shutdown the Wizard software. Leave the Receiver on and connected to the PC.
- Uninstall the Receiver using the Uninstalling Receiver instructions from section 6 of your manual. Turn off Receiver and disconnect USB.
- Uninstall the Wizard Software using the Uninstall instructions from section 6 of your manual.
- Uninstall the database*. To uninstall the database, go to C:Program Files/dickson Delete the Wizard or Wirless folder. (If you are using MS Vista, you will find this file under Desktop/Computer/ Local C/ Users / your login ID/ AppData/ Local/ Virtual Store/ Program Files/ Dickson/ Dickson Wizard/)
- Using the setup instructions in your manual, reinstall the Wizard Software and Repeater. Once the Repeater is installed, open the software and follow the setup instructions for adding a logger.
If these steps do not work, please contact technical support.
Still need help?
Call 630.543.3747 today or