This article applies to these plans:
Using Ethernet or POE
About Ethernet or Power Over Ethernet
- TWE and TWP Devices are both compatible with Ethernet or WiFi
- The TWP features the ability to take advantage of using Power Over Ethernet (POE) to power the device and use ethernet to connect to DicksonOne
Note TWE and TWP are compatible with only one type of network connection at a time. The Devices can only connect to either WiFi only or Ethernet only
How to Switch to Ethernet
Turnning Ethernet On:
- Go to the Device’s Settings and click on Network Settings (WiFi Icon) on the left
- Then click on WiFi under Network Adapter
- Once the pop up screen pops up, click Ethernet
- The Device must reboot to apply the settings
- WiFi will be turned off
- The Network Status and information will be provided on the Screen and updated once the device is connected to Ethernet
Warning The TWE must be plugged into AC power as the TWE does not offer Power Over Ethernet. The TWP does not need to use the AC power adapter if it is connected to a POE source for power.
Ethernet or POE
To do that thing, you do this other thing.
- To use Ethernet or POE, plug the Ethernet cord into the Ethernet Jack
Success If your organization does not allow the devices to be connected to WiFi, a great alternative is using Ethernet to connect to a network.
Still need help?
Call 630.543.3747 today or