How to Check or Modify the Server Address URL on your MultiTech LoRa Gateway
About the Server Address URL on your MultiTech LoRa gateway
- This URL tells the gateway where to send the traffic from your devices
- You may need to confirm or change this based on your OCEAView server configuration
Section 1: Accessing the Multitech gateway
C) If using cellular only, skip to Appendix B below
2. Enter the IP Address into the Browser Address bar and press enter.
3. Enter your Username and Password
Section 2: Configure the Server Address URL
3. Click the blue Submit button below the Server Address and Port Information.
4. In the main navigation menu on the left and above the LoRaWAN menu button after you click “Submit” you will see “Save and Restart” click that button.
5. It will take approximately 5 minutes to complete the rebooting process. After 5-10 minutes, log back into Oceaview, open the infrastructure page and confirm that Last Activity is within the past 3 minutes.
Appendix A: Unable to log into gateway due to unknown Username / Password
If the Username and Password are unknown the gateway will need to be reverted to factory default settings. Follow the steps below:
- With the gateway powered on, press and hold the reset button on the front of the loggers for 40 seconds. When released the logger will reset and reboot.
- When the Status LED starts flashing connect the logger via Ethernet to a PC
- Follow the steps in the gateway manual to configure the gateway for your network connection and updated server address (starting on page 15)
Appendix B: Gateway configured for Cellular connection only
If the gateway was only configured for cellular connectivity you will need to connect to the gateway using the default settings. Follow the steps in the gateway manual to connect the gateway (starting on page 15).
Once you have accessed the gateway follow the steps starting with step 3 above.
Still need help?
Call 630.543.3747 today or