About Creating Alarms
- Alarms can be created on the loggers so that an audible alarm can be triggered when specific conditions are met
- Depending on the device, some devices will display a bell icon to indicate an active alarm visually
- If a device does not allow alarms, a message Logger Does not Support Alarm Functionality will populate
How to Create Alarms
Open the DicksonWare application on your computer and connect the logger.
- Click Configure
The Logger Settings window will open
- Click on Alarms on the left navigation bar
- A bow for each Pod Channel will populate, in the example to the right the sensor pod has 3 channels
Each Channel will be marked on the device with its corresponding measurements. For example, Ch1 is Temperature, CH 2 is Relative Humidity (RH), CH3 is Dew Point (DP)
To do that thing, you do this other thing.
- Verify the Pod Channel that you want to create an alarm for
- To turn the Alarm on check the box next to Enabled State
- Select if the alarm is for a Min (above condition) or Max (below condition)
- Provide the Value
- Check Audible State to activate the sound alarm on the device so that when the conditions are met, the sound alarm is triggered
- Relay Channel Number is for Relay attachments
- You can create a second alarm on the device
If a device is not compatible with alarms, a message Logger Does not Support Alarm Functionality will populate
Still need help?
Call 630.543.3747 today or