RF Gateway Quick Start Guide
Getting Started with the RF Gateway
- The article shares the components of the RF gateway and explains how to get started with setting up your gateway.
- We recommend that the RF gateway is connected to the internet via Ethernet and not WiFi.
- The RF gateway supports Power over Ethernet (PoE) by default and can be substituted for AC power.
- This device is similar to a WiFi access point, while easier to configure, it may require IT to provide information to ensure that it is correctly configured.
- The gateway requires an internet connection and by default is configured to work out of the box using ethernet with DHCP but does support static IP addresses as well as WiFi connectivity.
Components and Getting Started
RF Gateway (RFG)
(antenna comes detached)
Setting Up Your RF Gateway Using Ethernet with DHCP (recommended)
To use the default settings of ethernet and DHCP (or MAC address reservation), follow these steps:
- Plug the AC adapter and ethernet cable into the device with their respective connections. Alternatively, you can use PoE without an AC adapter.
- The ETH light should start blinking to indicate that there is ethernet activity
Register Your RF Gateway to Your DicksonOne Account
Registering the gateway to your DicksonOne account will automatically associate your RF loggers to your account, making the RF logger registration process a breeze.
- Log into your DicksonOne.com account and click “Register New Hardware” on the top right
- Select “Add a Gateway”
- Enter the information for the gateway including Name, Gateway Serial Number (located on the back of the gateway), and the Location for where this gateway will be located and click “Register Gateway”
More on the RF Gateway: Configuring Static IP address, and/or Proxies
- Power the device using the AC adapter
- Download the Network Configuration App by either going to
- Support > Network Configuration App in the DicksonOne interface or
- Go directly to: https://www.dicksonone.com/network-configuration-app
- Open Network Configuration App and select “Configure Without Device”
- Select the connection method (WiFi or Ethernet)
- Configure your network settings:
- For WiFi, provide the necessary settings including network name, security method, and passwords
- For static IP addresses or proxies, expand the “Configure Advanced Settings” menu and supply the appropriate information
- Click the “Next” button
- Click the “Save Configuration” button and save the file to a USB flash drive
- Unplug the USB flash drive from your computer and plug the stick into the USB port on the gateway, waiting approximately 30 seconds for the settings to be loaded and applied
Still need help?
Call 630.543.3747 today or