This article applies to these plans:
Export the Device Data
About Exporting Device Data
- The data that is collected by each individual logger can be exported to a CSV file so you can view it, store it, or distribute it via an Excel file.
How to Export the Device Data
To export data to Excel:
Filter the data to the precise range you would like to export. You can do that one of two ways:
- Use the preset date range toggles at the bottom of the graph.
- Click the box with date and time to select a specific start and stop date; you can also use the sliding bars to adjust the start/stop time as well.
- Click the Export button on the bottom right corner of the graph.
- You can also adjust the date range again from the Export pop-up.
- Confirm by clicking Export at the bottom right corner of the pop-up module.
- Within a few seconds you should receive an email from email@example.com with a .zip file attached. Inside the .zip file will be the data you exported, in CSV format.
- If you did not receive the file, add firstname.lastname@example.org to your approved senders list and export the file again.
- To export a file again, go to the Manage > Device Exports.
- This will take you to a list of all your past data exports. Scan the list and fine the name of the file you want to export again. Click the Download button to resend the link to the file.
A Note on Utilizing CSV or Excel Files in Highly Regulated Environments Data that is exported to Excel is generally not considered auditor-friendly, because anybody can effectively alter the data that is contained in that file. Because of this, your auditor will always consider the digitally-stored data (in this case, the data within DicksonOne) as your "system of record" because the data stored on DicksonOne's servers is unable to be altered by anyone. However, CSV/Excel exports are a convenient way of quickly accessing large amounts of data for analyzing and distributing among users, particularly those who may not have access to the DicksonOne system.
Still need help?
Call 630.543.3747 today or