This article applies to these plans:
Events Log / Audit Trail
About Events Log
- The Events Log automatically records information about how an organization is using the DicksonOne system.
- The Events Log is an important feature for organizations in highly compliant environments. Creating an audit trail that can be referenced at any time.
How to use the Events Log
The user name, time, date, device (when applicable), and a brief notation are added to the log when any of the following events occur:
- Users log in or out of the DicksonOne Web Portal
- Device or location information is added or changed
- Alarms are added or changed
- Users are added or their permissions changed
- Data is exported
- Annotations are made or changed in the graph area.
- To view the Events Log, click Events on the left of the page.
On the events page you’ll see the following:
- Time Zone – changes the time zone the events are reported in (defaults to browser’s time zone).
- Filter – filter the results to exactly what you want.
- Export – export all events or just a filtered set to a CSV file.
- Event Detail – Each line is an individual event or set of changes.
You can filter the audit trail based on a number of things:
- A specific device or set of devices
- A specific user or group of users
- Type of event
- Date range
The event log captures a number of different types of data including:
- Account – anything relating to account settings
- Alarm – anything related to the creation, deletion, editing, pausing, commenting, or acknowledgement of an alarm
- Annotation – a user has added an annotation to the graph of a device
- Device – a user has added, deleted, or edited a device
- Export – a user has exported data for a device
- Location – A location has been added, deleted, or edited
- User – A user has been added, deleted, or edited
- Report – A user has created, deleted, or edited a report
- System – The system has performed an action based on alarms or other programmed behavior (this includes alarms that were triggered)
Still need help?
Call 630.543.3747 today or