This article applies to these plans:
Add or Delete a Location
About Adding or Deleting a Location
- Locations can allow users to control how devices in the account are organized by location and/or application (i.e. Laboratory, Refrigerators, Pharma Co., etc.)
- Locations can allow users to control user permissions that restrict a user to No Access, Read Only, or Manage Access to a Location.
- Locations is laid out in a Parent-Child relationship where the Account name (ie. Pharma Co.) is the super locations and locations can be created as well as adding sub-locations.
How to Add a Location
Adding a Location:
Go to DicksonOne.com > Manage > Locations
- Select the Parent Location from the drop-down options on where your location should live
- Provide a Name for the Location (e.g. Cold Room Storage)
- Click Add Location
Note The amount of locations users can add is infinite. When archiving devices, we recommend creating a location for those devices for easy access on where the devices reside.
Rearrange and Delete Locations:
To do that thing, you do this other thing.
- Hover over a location and click with the cursor to drag and move until it is arranged in the desired order
- Click Save Changes
- To delete a location click the x and then Save Changes
Deleting Locations Deleting a Location does NOT delete the devices from the DicksonOne account. Instead, the devices will be moved to the Parent location.
Still need help?
Call 630.543.3747 today or