This article applies to these plans:
Activating an Account with Monthly Credit/Debit Card Billing
How to Activate with Monthly Billing
Getting Started with Credit Card Billing
- Click on Billing under the Manage tab
- In the Activate a Subscription box, you will see a description of the amount to be charged to your card monthly, calculated automatically based on the number of devices you have registered to your account.
- Click the Subscribe button to launch the credit card information module.
- After inputting the necessary card credentials, select the box next to Remember Me.
- This will enable the card to be securely stored for automatic processing each month.
- For security and compliance purposes, your card info is not actually stored with Dickson. Instead we use a well known vendor called Stripe used by thousands of companies such as Best Buy, Lyft, and Shopify. Stripe doesn’t store raw card data either, instead utilizing technology to randomize the data.
- for more information regarding Stripe and how it securely processes payments, you can click the More Info link in the credit card module or you can access it here: https://stripe.com/checkout/info
- Click Pay button in the module. The button should update to a green check mark confirming the changes were saved.
- The module should automatically close, and you should see a blue banner at the top of the Billing page, confirming that card was successfully updated.
- On the billing page, you will see a Current Subscription box that has been updated to reflect the payment information you just updated.
When Does my Card get Charged?
The First payment will be processed immediately upon activating the subscription. Thereafter, with a valid credit or debit card on file, the payment will be processed every month on the date the payment was initially setup. e.g. if you activated the subscription on January 3rd, the payment will be processed on the 3rd of every month.
What Happens if I Add or Remove a Logger to my Account in the Middle of a Monthly Billing Cycle?
Once you initiate a monthly subscription, that amount will be charged every month based on the number of loggers registered to your account. However if you add or remove a logger during a given month, that amount will adjust accordingly. The amount for any new device will be prorated based on when it was added to your account and included in the pending charge for the next billing cycle. You will see a description of past and pending charges in the Subscription Payment History module on the Billing page.
The same applies to loggers that you delete from your account: prorated amount will be deducted from the pending charge of the next billing cycle.
Still need help?
Call 630.543.3747 today or